It has been a week since I last posted. That is unusual for me as I enjoy
boring keeping you briefed on my whereabouts and happenings.
Let me sum up for you a few of this past week’s newsworthy facts from around the country, in case you missed them:
1. Shia LaBeouf was arrested after a theater outburst – Shia, Shia, what are we going to do with this bag-over-his-head Transformer?
2. A California Nanny would not leave the home of the family that hired her after being fired – now she has gone missing
3. Rob Lowe‘s French vacation home almost got washed away in a storm
4. Two men (in New Jersey) threw away a $1M lottery ticket, after thinking it was a loser because the lottery website had not updated the winning numbers – they are suing the state.
5. A new report by US psychologists suggests that one-night stands can boost life satisfaction and self-esteem – Hmmmm…. Read about it here.
6. USA got eliminated in the World Cup – Olé to Tim Howard , though.
7. Cheerleader posts selfies with big game hunted in Africa – and this is news because…
**8. Corporations can now (for religious beliefs) choose not to pay for some contraception for women as part of their health insurance, yet will continue to pay for men’s condoms, vasectomies and Viagra. This sounds perfectly fair to me. Don’t even get me started…
But, enough about what is happening around the country; let me tell you about some real and exciting news:
1. My daughter is back from her trip to Puerto Rico (where the drinking age is 18) with her three girlfriends (who are 18 and can drink in PR), safe and in one piece (did I tell you the drinking age in PR is 18?) Phew.
2. My son began his internship with our local police department. He needs to wear a shirt and tie and will shadow some detectives and officers. I am secretly hoping he hates the whole idea but I have a feeling I am going to lose this battle. He has two more years of college, a lot can change, right? 🙂
3. Mr. B took me on a wonderful walk on a bike path before the oppressive heat hit the Valley and we sort of fell in love with each other all over again. I know that sounds corny but you should have seen the elderly couple walking behind us holding hands the whole way. They were giddy with excitement as they told us that they had been married for 60 years and were still in love. That did it for us. Utter Adorableness.
4. I had a reunion with three childhood friends whom I adore. We lived in the same neighborhood growing up and were inseparable. I hope we can continue to meet up in spite of the distance that separates us.
5. Remember how I signed up for a jewelry making class? No? Well, I did and I went. The best thing about the class was that I was the only student who signed up. SCORE! A private two-hour free lesson. Oh, yes I did. Take a look at the creations I made for my twin nieces who have a birthday coming up this month.
*Move over, K Jewelers. Every kiss begins with B.
6. I have mysteriously developed the case of the itchies. I am going insane scratching away. Every part of my body itches. I need to go get this checked out soon.
I found this scratcher tucked away in the basement and it has been my salvation.
There is nothing better than scratching an itch. I know, I know – I always talk about gadgets (ie. battery operated necklace fan) but when you find something that works, it is complete happiness.
Happy 4th of July My Friends!