Actually, I am the one who has been out of the blogo-mundo for the past couple of weeks.
And boy have I missed you all!
I have managed to sneak off here and there to read some of your posts but mostly, I have been going NON-STOP, like a chicken with her head still on…going from activity to activity to more activity, in preparation for my daughter’s high school graduation.
Here is what I have been up to:
1. Preparing my house for the arrival of Mama Brickhouse and her handsome husband of three years who arrived for the graduation festivities. They are here for the week.
2. Planning and coordinating an overnight party for the entire graduating class. This entailed
threatening begging parents to volunteer to chaperone the party at God-awful hours of the night as well as buying decorations, snacks and games for this big event.
The way it works is that every year the senior class has an all-night party right after graduation in an indoor arena where tents are pitched (literally and figuratively), there is a dj and dance floor, tattoo artists, bounce houses (none of them flew away, thankfully), games, photo booths, etc. I was this year’s lucky parent who chaired and coördinated this entertainment committee. Ay, Dios Mio! It was a lot of work. I also got to chaperone between 10:00 pm and 2:30 am.
Try chaperoning 150 kids who are ready to party, including your daughter who does not want you to be there, while trying to make yourself somewhat invisible, yet guarding the “glowing” tents as kids try to sneak a joint or four as a plume of cannabis spreads over the arena. Not to mention the couples who were hoping to mess around without being seen. Fortunately, it was a huge success, the kids had fun, no one got hurt and no one got arrested. Phew.
3. Watching my husband work tirelessly in the yard for the past month and supervising him from inside the house as he plants flowers, gardens, grass and spreads mucho mulch. I obviously did not supervise him enough because the day before Mama Brickhouse was to arrive, he decides to have a humongous pile of MANURE-COMPOST delivered right to our driveway. A mountain of CACA for all guests to see and smell. It is still there, untouched. Needless to say, Mama Brickhouse took offense to the pile of shit that awaited her. What was he thinking?
4. Helping plan another graduation party for my daughter and three of her best friends, for 100 guests.
5. Attending an award ceremony for seniors where my daughter received 4 awards including 2 scholarships! YAHOO! 🙂
6. This was of course, the best part: Attending my beautiful daughter’s High School graduation where I got to proudly watch her shake her principal’s hand and accept her graduation certificate.
7. Drinking lot’s of vino in order to survive said activities.
8. Putting my aching, sexy and exquisite bunion-filled feet up and wrapping them in ice until they are numb and completely frozen.
The festivities are not over until this weekend when I plan on doing this for the rest of the summer:
Have you attended any fun festivities lately?