I blame it all on a couple of blogger friends. Yes you. You know who you are. Not only can you write, but you are Betty Crocker material when it comes to baking. AND to make matters worse, you take beautiful pictures of your works of art for me to drool on my laptop over – thank you very much.
This pretty much describes you people:
I don’t want to mention any names, but I will. There’s Brittany at
who is living La Pura Vida while I’m living La Vida Loca trying to emulate her and make some of her delicious healthy treats. On top of that, she has the nerve to run off her calories and look gorgeous after eating what she makes. Muchas Gracias, Brittany!
What did me in, was last week’s post by The Guat at
who is not only MOTHER OF THE YEAR as she takes her kiddies all over creation having awesome adventures and also runs (damn it, how did I become friends with so many runners), but she decided to make a killer double chocolate raspberry cake from scratch.
I figured, if Guat can do this so can Brickhouse, except that, NO.
1. First of all, I have ZERO counter space in my kitchen. There are 155 appliances (none which are for baking) that sit on my two countertops leaving me a square inch in which to work on.
3. I do not own any baking equipment necessary
for accomplishing such a hefty task. I have a wooden spoon, a spatula and an old mixer.
4. No one warned me that the ingredients needed to make this masterpiece would cost $487 as opposed to $2.99 for the cake mix and $2.55 for the frosting can.
5. Or that my kitchen would look like a chocolate explosive projectile, at the end.
6. My unsuspecting family was not counting on getting severe hearing loss, as I attempted to mix in the butter sticks 2 tablespoons at a time as the recipe called for, with butter sticks that were NOT at room temperature (as the recipe called for) for hours.
7. That I would become the kitchen NAZI/EVIL WOMAN, not allowing anyone to utter one word to me, never mind enter the war zone to get a glass of water.