Unless you have been living under a rock (which would be nice, wouldn’t it?), you have heard that Spanish, is the second most used language in the U.S.
According to pewresearch.org, “Spanish is by far the most spoken non-English language in the U.S. today among people ages 5 and older. It is also one of the fastest-growing, with the number of speakers up 233% since 1980, when there were 11 million Spanish speakers.”
Bottom Line: Andale, Andale people! Get with the programa!
Your choices are to dust off that high school Spanish textbook, invest in Rosetta Stone or (the better option) enroll in brickhousechick’s Spanish Lesson/s. (Depending on the enrollment numbers, more lessons will be taught in future posts.)
This first lesson costs no dinero – because I love you all. Let’s get started:
* I will phonetically spell the words out to help you with pronunciation
(because I am muy bonita)
1. Useful Spanish words to say in your casa with your familia:
* Cayatey la bowka, e-diotah! – Cayate la boca, idiota! = Shut your mouth, idiot!
* Feyo esposo/a, da-mey me coemeedah a-aura! – Feo esposo/a, dame mi comida ahora! = Ugly spouse, give me my food now!
* Dah-may el clicky-clicky, din-bat! – Dame el clicky-clicky, din-bat! = Give me the remote you dingbat!
* Noe voy a sahkar la malldeetah ba-soorah – No voy a sacar la maldita basura! = I’m not taking the damn trash out!
Muy bien, amigos. Your pronunciation was excelente. Take a 5 minute siesta or go drink a cold cerveza and come right back. I will be waiting.
All set? Vamos!
2. Useful Spanish words to say while at the DMV:
* May goose-tarhea raynovar me leeciencia, por fa-vore –Me gustaría renovar mi liciencia, por favor. = I would like to renew my license, please.
*Ohyay Saynore bagow kay noe teeanay oh-trah veedah e ah kien lay enkantah estar en controll, coemow kay es-tah ventahnah estah ser-ada? – Oye, Señor bago que no tiene otra vida y al quien le encanta estar en control, como que esta ventana esta cerrada? = Listen, lazy guy who has no life and loves to be in control, what do you mean this window is closed?
*Porkay daymonios estan towdos los emplayahdos almor-sandoe à la meesmah vez? – Por que demonios están todos los empleados almorzando à la misma vez? = Why the hell are all the employees at lunch at the same time?
You all did a great job repeating the phrases. Before you know it, you will be one of 406 million people speaking this all-important language.
Enrollment is now open.