Happy Three Kings Day mis amigos!
I am hoping they bring a lot of gold this year (I can do without the frankincense and myrrh.)
Do you like my new blog theme for January? I decided that I am going to change my theme every month just for ha-has. It’s fun and will help with the winter blahs and keep things interesting . There are so many color palettes and backgrounds to use! I recommend playing around with all the different themes available.
****Speaking of blogging themes and blogging. I need advice from all you wise bloggers out there.
How do you do it?
How do you manage your time effectively so that you can write, read, comment, tweet, facebook and have a life with your family? Am I missing something? Is that even possible?
My little family is getting tired of watching me sit around in my bata (bathrobe), typing away, ignoring them, not cooking, not cleaning, not talking, not ANYTHING else – but blogging. I try to change positions so I at least look different than I did the last time they looked at me and I even change my bata for variety – it’s not helping.
I try to esplain (like Lucy) to them that this is the etiquette for blogging. You write, you read, you comment and then you – REPEAT. I tell them that this is serious business and that it is imperative to developing and maintaining a wonderful blogging community. They just stare blankly at me. The common questions I get are, Are you getting paid for any of this? and Why?
Last night I went out to my favorite Mexican restaurant (ate killer fish tacos) with Mr. Brickhouse. The entire time I talked about my blogging friends. I discussed what they do, what books they have published, their experiences, their sad posts, their happy posts, their funny posts, their sexy posts, their underwear size and their menstrual cycles.
He listened attentively (either that or he was pretending to listen as he checked out the young girl at the bar) and even asked questions. I figured, If I introduce my blogging friends to him in this way, he too will feel attached to you all and will understand my need to blog 24/7. I think it worked a little…or it might have been the beer hearing aids he was wearing.
He is sober today and watching me in my bata right now writing this and does not look as happy or interested as he was last night.
This is my usual daily blogging routine:
(Keep in mind that my RA makes it difficult for me to have a real job since my pains and fatigue are unpredictable although usually present)
1) While waiting for my joints to un-stiffen every morning (usually at 1:00 in the afternoon), I stay in bed and begin reading all the new posts of the day. While doing that, I get interrupted by an email or 5 or a Facebook message. Then I remember that I have to transfer money using my online banking tool and switch over to that.
2) Two and a half hours have passed and I have answered 20 texts and my mother’s phone call – which usually lasts one hour, while reading posts. I check my Reader and there are now 10 new posts from bloggers I follow. I don’t know if I should I read those or comment on the comments I commented on while reading the comments in the comment section?
3) I think of an earth shattering post I must write, right there and then and begin a new post.
4) It’s 1:00 pm and I haven’t had breakfast, lunch or taken my important meds.
5) I get up and it takes me one hour to make breakfast, empty dishwasher, do dirty dishes all while trying to read new posts.
6) Now I have to nap because I am exhausted from making breakfast and cleaning.
7) It’s 4 pm and I go back at it on my laptop, while watching Judge Judy.
8) It’s 6 pm and there is no dinner in sight.
9) I make dinner, clean up and sit to rest while trying to catch up on the 50 new posts posted by the people I follow.
10) I fall asleep at 11:45 pm with my laptop on my belly.
11) New day = REPEAT
Please help me, oh wise ones.
What strategies, tricks, time management skills, or super powers do you have or use?