Being a new blogger, I am learning the ropes and figuring out how to navigate the world of wordpress.com. There are things I have yet to figure out but I am getting the hang of it.
One thing I know for sure is that the fellow bloggers I am meeting, are wonderful. Everyone is truly welcoming, encouraging, hilarious and inspiring. I have learned so much from all of you and can only hope that I can make an impact on someone else’s life – be it a little chuckle in the middle of the day or night.
A warm thank you and shout out to my nominators (not to be confused with my terminators):
1) Kim, from http://www.kimcarlisle.com whose blog name is, Sanity Check, nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. The irony is that we became instant blogging buddies after sharing information about our matching autoimmune disease we have both been “blessed” with. After reading her blog about her three handsome sons and her very supportive husband, I was more than inspired. Get to know Kim. You will be glad you did.
2) Octavia02, from http://www.intothelightofthenightkitchen.wordpress.com, nominated me for the Liebster Award. I immediately liked octavia02 because she seemed feisty like me! She gets my humor and is a strong spiritual human being. Visit her and learn how well she copes with life’s storms.
The Rules for each award are different so I am going to break the rules a bit, combine them and make my own (can you tell I love to break rules?) I sure hope the academy does not rescind and take my awards back!
My made-up rules (for real award rules just google them):
* Thank and link back to the blogger who has nominated you
* Nominate as many bloggers as you would like for the Award/s and list their blog sites
* Notify nominees
* Tell 5 things about you (I will be answering octavia02’s questions instead)
* Make up your own award – if you wish
* Have yourself a gin and tonic (make sure it’s Hendrick’s Gin)
I want these nominees I am about to nominate to know that, if they feel pressed for time or hate rules as much as I do, that they are exempt from having to actually follow the rules. I will, however, welcome gifts of the liquid kind, in lieu of following the rules.
The nominees deserve all types of real awards for their creativity, talent and inspiration. In the absence of these deserving awards, I would like to nominate them with a very special award – I made up.
This special award is called the, Brick House Award, given to a man or woman who is a 36-24-36,
can likes to dance, is strong, resilient, knows how to please, makes me laugh, makes me cry and someone whose work I admire. Feel free to copy and paste this award logo so that others can get green with envy at your nomination. 🙂
And the Brick House Award nominees are:
http://jillweatherholt.wordpress.com/ – Jill is a sweetheart. She also has an autoimmune condition that she fights every day. She is very talented, loves Bazooka bubble gum, does NOT eat glue and always makes sure to comment on my posts.
http://susielindau.com/ – I am sure most of you know Susie. She loves to throw blogging parties, she seems selfless, encourages other bloggers and has wonderful things to say.
http://andrawatkins.com/ – This Cootchie Mama looks great in tights/leg-ins, she also has the freshest buns of anyone I know. She is writing some great fictional stories.
http://pegoleg.com/ – I honestly have to massage my cheeks after reading her posts from laughing so much. She is so witty and clever and deserved to Freshly Peg herself!
http://mrsugarbears.com/ – A newbie like me. Has the most contagious beautiful smile ever and is always pointing out the positive things in life.
http://gremlinfoodmom.blogspot.com/ – A beautiful talented teacher/mom who has time to cook for her three sons and husband and even for me when I am not feeling well! Her recipes are easy and so delicious.
http://www.lisaakramer.com/ – This is her new name and blog! She is still a woman wielding words but just in a new location. Also very talented and is a fellow Massachusetts blogger I hope to meet soon.
http://thewishfactor.wordpress.com/ – Also knows as the Guat. She is hilarious, loves the word dude and is preparing to do a triathlon in a couple of months. She is latina like me and I can relate to her family stories.
http://ohgodmywifeisgerman.com/ – This is the first male Brick House Award nominee! So witty, brilliant and makes me have “accidents” in my pants from laughing so much. His most recent blog post about hay fever, was right on and hilarious!
http://shesamaineiac.com/ – A very creative, talented blogger who can do all kinds of cool tricks on her blog. She opened up my eyes to the spammers out there who follow our blogs. Beware of Zombie Cats!
http://rasjacobson.com/ – I can relate to Renee because I too have mega frizzy hair! I would like to steal her cans of hair product she is hoarding and I know where she lives. She also looks fabulous in Lily Pulitzer.
http://gojulesgo.com/ – I am just one of her 4,000 + followers! She can do it all! Write, make people laugh and sing! She has a beautiful voice and I hope she posts more videos of her singing.
http://thewineoclocknews.com/ – I love her blog name. She is bright, humorous and is younger than me (darn). She reminds us to embrace our ages and our bodies.
Make sure to check out these Brick Houses’ blogs.
Answers to Octavia02’s questions she asked me after nominating me:
1. My favorite film? I have a lot, but I am going to have to say, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, since I have seen it 10+ times and I still laugh as if it were the first time. You could substitute Greek for Puerto Rican and it would be the exact same movie.
2. Favorite quote? “Hija eres, madre serás, lo que hiciste te haran.” A Spanish idiom my mom loved to quote. Something about daughters becoming mothers and how what you do to your mother as a daughter, your daughter will do to you and your mother will in turn, be laughing at you the whole time.
3. What always makes me cry? Looking at old videos of the kids when they were babies. It gets me every time.
4. What always makes me laugh? Adorable squeezable chubby huggable babies. Just the site of one makes me giggle uncontrollably.
5. What was my best day? Of course, my wedding and the days my children were born are tops, but this day really stands out. It was the day I let go of all of my anger and decided to forgive, instead. The most freeing day of my life.
6. What was my worst day? The day I lost my father to cancer.
7. Emotionally closer to my family or friends? I am blessed to have both. I am a very open person and tend to share my emotional and physical state with family and friends. Could not do it without both.
8. What does “transcend” mean to me? It is my way of thinking and living. I will not let negative things get to me and will do everything in my power and beyond…to overcome adversity. Stubbornness, may be another way to describe it.
9. Jon Steward or Stephen Colbert? Definitely Colbert. He is brilliant and makes me snort while laughing. He also looks like my brother-in-law.
10. If I could choose my last word, what would it be? Thanks.
11. What single quality represents who I am? Hmmmm…My ability to accept the cards I have been dealt and feel blessed for what I have. Some might call it ignorance or denial. 🙂